This video demonstrates how to solder a QFN or MLF chip without solder paste or stencils. While solder paste and a stencil will product the most consistent results, this demonstration only uses an iron, flux, hot air and regular solder to get the job done.
Future videos will demonstrate how to use a solder paste syringe, as well as the recommended method of using a stencil.
Equipment used in this video:
- Aoyue 6028 Hot Air SMD Rework Station
- Tweezers for Surface Mount Devices (SMDs)
- Alcohol Dispensing Pump Bottle
- Chipquik No-Clean Paste Flux Syringe
- Liquid Flux
- Flux / Alcohol Bottle
- Desoldering wick/braid
- .02 SAC (lead free) solder
- Horse Hair Brush (ESD safe when wet)
- Hakko 50W Soldering Station
- 10X Magnifying Loupe